The Army Credentialing and Continuing Education Services for
Soldiers (ACCESS) is now a directorate of Army University. Through its many programs
in fulfillment of the vision, mission, and goals, ACCESS promotes lifelong learning
opportunities and sharpens the competitive edge of the Army - 2030 and beyond. Qualified
Soldiers can take advantage of numerous educational programs through diverse incentive
programs. Programs are also available for newly enlisted or future Soldiers.
Contact your servicing Education Center or visit ArmyIgnitED to discuss how you can take advantage of the
educational opportunities available to you.
That every Soldiers participates in the voluntary education program, and every eligible Soldier uses TA for degree completion and CA to pursue professional certifications.
Army Credentialing and Continuing Education Services for Soldiers (ACCESS), ArmyU, promotes lifelong learning, strengthens mission readiness, and builds resiliency through relevant education programs and services in support of the Warfighter and Total Army Family.
- Education is an integral part of the Army culture.
- Lifelong learning is for everyone.
- Education enhances quality of life and mission readiness.
- Education programs and services are customer driven.
- Educational planning is visionary
- Program success is based on effective partnerships and a
- Diversity demands flexibility.
- Teamwork is critical.
- Accountability is a must.
- Career professionals are core to our mission.
- Professional development of our workforce is non-negotiable.
- Education workforce facilitates change.
- Education is an American value!
- Technology is revolutionizing education.
- Costs will rise.
- ACCESS must be more effective and efficient.
- Need for learning will continue.
- Marketing is critical to success.
- Partnerships and joint operations will increase.
- ACCESS will evaluate programs.
- Education will have the necessary resources.
Critical Success Factors
- Customer (internal & external) satisfaction.
- Quality programs and services.
- Necessary resources
- Demonstrated value to the Army.
- Visionary planning and implementation.
- Strategic education workforce: highly trained, technically proficient,
In support of its mission and that of America's Army, the ACCESS corporate
strategy includes the following objectives:
Provide vision, policy, and direction to plan and operate programs
- Sustain a corporate planning strategy
- Resource the ACCESS programs and services
- Conduct program evaluation
Provide lifelong learning opportunities to enhance job performance,
skill qualifications, and career growth for the Army:
- Identify and evaluate service delivery options
- Support program improvement strategies that address
distance education and distance learning standards
- Improve marketing
- Pursue partnerships and joint operations
- Identify and implement workplace skills programs
Promote the development of critical thinking and decision-making
skills through basic skills and post-secondary programs enabling Soldiers to adapt
to new challenges:
- Improve basic skills proficiencies
- Design and implement a computer-based, standardized
basic skills program
- Develop a comprehensive, deployable package
- Partner with trainers to assist Soldiers in development
of skills necessary to enhance performance in the battle space environment
- Increase post-secondary enrollments in critical thinking skills courses
Build Civilian Objective Force for the Army 2030 and beyond:
- Configure the strategic education workforce
- Train the strategic education workforce
- Sustain the strategic education workforce
Integrate emerging technologies to revolutionize education, training,
and business practices:
- Improve, integrate and standardize management information
- Explore, pilot and evaluate current technologies
- Design and implement a web-based interface for a current, functional MIS
- Identify minimum hardware/software standards