Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program
Take advantage of a great new opportunity to pay for credentials that can enhance your skills and qualifications both during and after military service. The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) Program can pay for courses and exams that lead to industry-recognized academic or vocational credentials in an occupational area of your choice. You may use this program to enhance your skills, either in your current MOS, or in an occupation you would like to pursue when you leave military service. Credentialing Assistance funding can be requested for any credential listed in Army COOL (www.cool.army.mil).
The specific processes to apply for and receive CA funding have been tested at Fort Hood, TX and Fort Campbell, KY in a Limited User Test (LUT) for Regular Army Soldiers at those posts and for Soldiers in the National Guard and Army Reserve throughout Texas and Kentucky. Now, with the successful completion of the LUT, the program is being expanded Army-wide in a phased implementation beginning 1 October 2019 and ending 1 January 2020 with the expansion to all installations and states.
Check below to see when you will be able to take advantage of the Credentialing Assistance Program at your installation or in your state:
- The following locations are slated to participate on 1 October 2019:
- Regular Army Soldiers stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA; Fort Carson, CO; Fort Drum, NY; and Fort Riley, KS
- ARNG/USAR with units in Washington, Colorado, New York, and Kansas
- The following locations are slated to participate on 1 November 2019:
- Regular Army Soldiers stationed at Fort Stewart, GA; Fort Gordon, GA; Fort Bliss, TX; Fort Bragg, NC; Schofield Barracks / Tripler, HI; Fort Benning, GA
- ARNG/USAR with units in Georgia, North Carolina, Hawaii
- The following locations are slated to participate on 1 December 2019:
- Regular Army Soldiers stationed at Fort Irwin, CA; Fort Polk, LA; Fort Huachuca, AZ; Fort Eustis, VA; Fort Lee, VA; Fort Jackson, SC; Carlisle Barracks, PA
- ARNG /USAR with units in California, Louisiana, Arizona, Virginia, South Carolina, and Pennsylvania
All other installations and states for all components will begin 1 January 2020.
If you have questions about the CA program, contact your servicing Army education center/office. A list of centers/offices can be found at GoArmyEd (https://www.goarmyed.com/public/public_goarmyed-education_centers.aspx)