Army Credentialing and Continuing Education Services for Soldiers (ACCESS)

A New Way to Get Tuition Assistance


Army Credentialing and Continuing Education Services for Soldiers

The Credentialing Assistance Overview Brief provides service members of all ranks with an understanding of the exciting new opportunities for earning various voluntary credentials while in service. The Credentialing Assistance Lesson Plan provides leaders with the tools and information to present credentialing assistance as a Leader Professional Development (LPD) class.

 Overview  Brief Lesson Plan

The Army Credentialing Assistance Program is now available to you on ArmyIgnitED!

Credentialing Assistance (CA) is now available on ArmyIgnitED! We encourage you to register your account today and find a credential that can help advance your career goals. Choose from over 1600 credentialing options in just 4 easy steps on ArmyIgnitED! Credentials can help advance your career goals by allowing you to choose a certification in an area that expands on your existing experience or an area of interest to help further new career opportunities. For more information on the CA Program, go to and select the “Credentialing Assistance” tab.

All Credentialing Assistance (CA) requests will be processed through ArmyIgnitED! They will no longer be submitted or accepted through GoArmyEd. Please note, eligible Soldiers must submit CA requests at least 30 business days prior to the start date of the training or exam. All CA Requests must have a start date on or after 7 Oct 20.

VisitArmyIgnitED! and click "get started.”

  1. For questions about the Credentialing Program, contact your local Army Education Office or Center.
  2. For questions on a) Status of your case or b) Policy Questions email

In-State Tuition Rates for Armed Forces Members, Spouses, and Dependent Children at Public Institutions: Public Law 110-315, Sec. 135:

As of 1 July 2009, members of the Armed Forces on active duty for a period of more than 30 days and their families are eligible to receive in-state tuition at public colleges and universities in the state where they reside or are permanently stationed. When a Service member or their family members are enrolled, they'll continue to receive the in-state tuition rate as long as they remain continuously enrolled at the institution, even if the Service member is reassigned outside the state. This change is included in section 135 of the Higher Education Opportunity Act (H. R. 4137) (HEOA). In cases where the military member requires additional assistance, contact the on-campus DVA Representative, or the Department of Education's office (toll-free at 877 557-2575).

Army Credentialing and Continuing Education Services for Soldiers Mission

Promote lifelong learning opportunities, readiness and resilience by providing quality educational programs and services.


Last Updated: 3/26/2024 8:16:42 PM

*If you experience difficulty using this page, please try a different browser.

By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Act Statement, and our User Terms of Agreement. close banner